The Many Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
For many years, men and women had to turn to shaving and waxing in order to remove unsightly body hair. But with the evolution of laser hair removal, people around the world have experienced the difference that permanent hair removal has to offer. Even the FDA states that laser hair removal is effective for long lasting results!
There’s six major benefits to laser hair removal over traditional methods:
- Precise – laser hair removal only targets pigmented areas on the skin, such as the hair follicle. This is why only the hair follicle is destroyed, and the surrounding skin is unharmed.
- Effective – laser hair removal has been shown to be extremely effective. Laser hair removal is the most effective when the hair is in the “anagen” stage, which is when the hair is actively growing. While it takes more than one treatment to completely destroy all the hair on a part of the body, the hair that does grow back tends to be sparse, fine and lighter in color.
- Fast – laser hair removal sessions take only minutes, depending on the area of the body being treated. Sometimes it can take only a minute to treat small areas of the body, while large areas, such as the back or legs, only take around 15 to 30 minutes.
- No More Ingrown Hairs – can laser hair removal reduce ingrown hairs? It sure can! Ingrown hairs are caused by shaving or waxing, when the hair is broken off unevenly with a sharp tip. With laser hair removal, you’ll have less of chance of ingrown hairs, and the hair that does grow back will be sparse and fine.
- Less Pain, More Gain – while laser hair removal isn’t painless, it has been described as less painful than waxing. The pain factor for laser hair removal will depend on the duration of the session and area of the body being treated, however it’s still faster and more effective than waxing.
- Save Money – forget buying waxing strips, razor blades, shaving cream, and all your other hair removal products! With permanent laser hair removal, you’ll save time and, more importantly, money with not having to worry about shaving products at home. Just get laser hair removal, and you’ll start saving money right away!
So how does laser hair removal work? The hair on the body grows in three stages: anagen, telogen and catagen. Laser hair removal is most effective in the anagen stage, when hair is just starting to grow. A concentrated beam of light is aimed at the hair follicle, which heats it up to high temperatures, ultimately preventing that follicle from growing any further.
Interested in laser hair removal in Calgary? Laser Hair and Skin Centre has been Calgary’s source of laser hair removal for over 15 years, and has the experienced staff and technology to make your laser hair removal process simple and easy! Contact us today for more info!